Deluxe Class Boat for Bike Tours
"The Divine Miss M" as we lovingly call the Merlijn is a diva, for sure. What can we say? Is it the luxurious cabins with most comfortable beds you have ever slept in? Is it the lovely dining area with the large windows and skylight that let the air, light, and sun pour in? Or perhaps it is the sun deck, where you can relax with newfound friends, sharing good wine and good conversation. We think you will find it is the entire divine package! Step onboard and discover for yourself!
Pronounced “Mer-line," this deluxe vessel has 12 luxurious cabins with two comfortable airbeds that can be pushed together or separated, a desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe. The lounge is comfortably furnished in a modern style with a restaurant area and lounge near the bar. You can enjoy fresh air, water, and nature in all weather on the sun deck. The entire ship is climate controlled and you can adjust the temperature in your own cabin.
You can treat yourself to an aperitif or a drink in our bar. The cuisine onboard is a delight, prepared in a galley equipped with modern appliances. The chef not only provides you with breakfast but will also prepare a packed lunch for you if you wish to go cycling or canoeing. A lunch is also served on board and the evening meal is sumptuous. You can be assured that all of your dietary needs will be met.
- Capacity: 22 passengers for guided tours and 24 passengers for self guided tours
- Dimensions: 50 x 6.8 meters, draught- 1.40 m
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 12 (11 guest cabins for guided tours)
- 12 luxurious cabins (11 m²)
- Cabins have two comfortable airbeds (90 x 200 cm) that can be pushed together or separated
- Shower and toilet in all cabins
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Individual climate control
- Supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, and soap
- Desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe in each cabin
- Laundry service available for €6.50 per kilo
Boat Features & Amenities
- 40 m² sundeck
- Bar, lounge and dining area
- Lounge covering 90 m²
- Room service is available
- Climate controlled
Food & Beverages
- Unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water during the cruise
- Very light aluminum frame (13 kilo’s only)
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Carbon front fork
- Shimano 27 gears
There is outdoor sports equipment available on board, which includes:
- 6 electric bikes and 1 tandem available for rental (tandem is only available for 2019 season)
- Touring bikes - with helmets and very good gel seat covers available
- Whisper boats
The Merlijn prides itself on the top quality bikes offered. See photo below. Although only your own helmet provides the best fit, bicycle helmets are available to borrow on board for the week. These are high quality Gyro helmets, universal size.
The Merlijn has 6 e-bikes available to rent. You may reserve them in advance. The cost is €25 per day, payable on board. (In 2020 the e-bike rental price is €30 per day, payable on board). The Merlijn accepts Visa and MasterCard for payment.
tours on Merlijn
Tulip Tour - Amsterdam to Bruges - 8 day Belgium, Netherlands 2020 Deluxe Class Merlijn: April 25 and May 9, … In April and May all of Holland is blooming and this tour shows you some lovely old Dutch towns like Dordrecht and Gouda, famous for its delicious cheese! …
Berlin to Malchin and Malchin to Berlin Germany, Poland Malchin to Berlin: July 6 and August 3, 2019 … This bike and barge tour in Germany and Poland takes you back through history to the past of Eastern Europe. Though the wall has been torn down for about 20 …
Frankfurt to Bamberg or Bamberg to Frankfurt Germany 2019: Frankfurt to Bamberg: September 21, 2019 … Cyle your way from Frankfurt, the most international city in Germany, to medieval Bamberg, once the city of enlightenment. Explore each town and village and …
Tulip Tour - Bruges to Amsterdam - 8 day Netherlands, Belgium 2019 Dates On Comfort Plus boat: Merlijn: April … This cycling vacation takes you through the Belgian pearls of Antwerp, Ghent and on top of that, Bruges! In April and May all of Holland is blooming. …